Skip to content
o level History of south Africa (paper iv)
- The Introduction to south African History covers the republic of South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and part of Angola.
- However, reference is even made on part of central Africa and South Africa.
- In South Africa, relief determined S much the settlement of people in the area.
- On assertion to climate, land and soil, this was full of materials, like diamond and gold.
- That’s why people who started in South Africa were cultivators.
- Inhabitants were pastorals who lived a semi nomadic life e.g. the Bantu who were later taken by the Europeans, occupied Transvaal and Orange Free states.
- It was as a result of conducive condition that big towns like Johannesburg grew up.
- South Africa has had three major races these are Africans, Europeans and Arabs (Asians).
- The Europeans include French, Dutch, British and Portuguese.
- The Asians mainly were found in natal since were brought in South Africa as workers in an attempt to construct roads, railway and to work in plantations.
- The Africans were the Khoikhoi, san and Bantu.
History of south africa (paper iv)
The great trek (1835-1854) afrikaner exodus/ white Mfecane
The Pretoria Convention