Back to: senior six s6 divinity paper three
Challenges/Problems Faced By the Council
- Political instabilities in some parts of Uganda like the Kony war in Northern Uganda which went on over 20years so much affected the activities of the council.
- Some places are too remote with poor transport which has also limited the movement of the council officials to different places.
- There is lack genuine trust among the three interfaith churches i.e. they are united just for formality.
- It also faces political threats in some of there activities i.e. some times it is forced to stay away from politics.
- The long history of fighting violence between the karamojong and itesotes has made hard for the council to reconcile the two groups.
- Unemployment and poverty among the people has made it hard for the council to fight immoral practices like corruption and prostitution.
- cultural rigidities and conservatism among the karamojongs who look at cattle rustling as part of their culture and way of life has led to continued inter-tribal fighting
- It has faced a problem of commitment on the side of the rebels during the process of peace talks in the Northern Uganda war.
- Removing of small arms from the karamanjongs was sometimes done secretly by the government security organs which interfered with the council work.