E.A is found in the continent of Africa.
It’s located in the Eastern geographical region of Africa.
Countries that make up E.A – Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
E. Africa lies between Latitudes 40N and 120S and longitudes 270E to 420E.
Uganda has a total area of 244,000 sq km.
It is a landlocked country.
H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni is its president.
Its capital city is Kampala.
Total area of 585,000 sq km
Second largest country in E.A.
President is H.E Uhuru Kenyatta
Capital city is Nairobi
It is not a landlocked country (It has a sea port).
Main sea port is Mombasa
Kenya is the most industrialised country in E.A
Total area of 943,000 sq km.
Tanzania is the biggest among the E.A countries.
Capital city is Dodoma.
Main sea port is Dar-es-salaam
President is Smia Suhulu Hassan
Islands which are part of East Africa Pemba, Zanzibar and Mafia.
Total area of 27,830 sq km
It is a landlocked country Capital city is Gitega
Current president is H.E Everiste Ndayishimiye
Total area of 26,338 sq km
It is the smallest country in the E.A region
it is a landlocked country
It’s capital city is Kigali
Current president is H.E. Paul Kagame
1.East Africa is bordered by 7 countries
2.Tanzania, Rwanda, and Burundi are countries in East Africa that lie in the southern hemisphere.
NEIGHBOURS OF EAST AFRICA
- Indian Ocean borders the Eastern part of East Africa.
- Major latitude that crosses East Africa is the equator passing through Uganda and Kenya.
- The equator in Uganda crosses Lake Victoria and George.
- The districts crossed by the equator include: Wakiso, Kasese, Kalungu, Kiruhura, Ibanda etc.
- The equator divides Kenya into almost two equal halves. For more notes read more notes about commerce, entrepreneur Notes, biology